Updated: Oct 10, 2018
Ok, so everyone in my house is pumpkin spice craaaazy! Except me... Well, most of the time.
Canadian Thanksgiving just passed and I was tasked with bringing dessert to our family dinner. So instead of bringing the usual store-bought pumpkin pie, I chose to make doughnuts... Because as much as I don't like the whole pumpkin spice craze, I love a good doughnut. So here it is, folks, the easiest, mom-friendly, kid-loved pumpkin spice doughnuts with a cinnamon glaze.
For the doughnuts
• 1 box of yellow (or golden) cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
• 2 cups of canned pumpkin
• 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ground ginger
• 1/4 tsp ground allspice
• 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp ground cloves
For the Glaze
• 2 Cups confectioners sugar
• 2 Tbsp milk (or water)
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Doughnuts
• Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
• Grease 2 doughnuts pans (I bought mine at Michaels)
• Add all ingredients for the doughnuts together in a bowl and mix until well combined
• Using a piping bag (or large ziplock back with a corner cut off) pipe the batter into the doughnut pan. Fill 3/4 of the way full. • Bake for 10-12 minutes. You will know it's done when a toothpick comes out clean.
• Allow to cool slightly before removing them from the pan and onto a cooling rack.
For the Glaze
• Add all ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well.
• When the doughnuts are fully cooled and ready to serve, drizzle cinnamon glaze over top.
The fastest, easiest, and dare I say, pretty darn delicious, doughnuts you'll ever make.
Let us know how they turned out for you.
Hugs! Erin & Karla